Search This Blog

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Amazon Blogs: Armchair Commentary Daily Digest

Check out these Updates from Armchair Commentary for December 19, 2009.

December 19, 2009

OK, I admit I wasn't thrilled with the Avatar trailer (and the fact that it was on TV every 15 minutes didn't help), but there's so much buzz around it that I think I gotta see it, and in 3-D. Plus James Cameron's track record and limited output makes practically every film a milestone. And that brings up the next question: What's your favorite James Cameron film? (I'm not going to count documentaries like Ghosts of the Abyss.)  My personal picks follow.  --David

  1. The Terminator: Still one of my favorite movies, with terrific action set-pieces and plenty of scares. (It needs a new Blu-ray release, though.)  The franchise has sagged over the years, but I did like The Sarah Connor Chronicles.
  2. Terminator 2: Judgment Day: A big-time action movie with groundbreaking special effects--I just don't find myself rewatching it as often as the first movie.
  3. Aliens: A thrilling movie that's often called the best sequel of all-time (the candidates are few), but very different from the original.  I myself prefer the horror-suspense vibe of Alien, but I understand the love for #2.
  4. Titanic: Cameron Confession #1: Even though I'm not a girl, I like Titanic.  Yeah, I'll fast-forward through parts, but it's beautifully put together.
  5. True Lies: A fun film, but not one I feel compelled to rewatch often.
  6. The Abyss: Cameron Confession #2: I've never seen it!  I will someday, but all the impressions I've gotten are that it's, er, a bit slow-moving so it isn't high on my list.
  7. Piranha II: I haven't seen this one either but I don't feel any guilt about it.
 

We hope you enjoyed receiving this message. However, if you'd rather not receive future e-mails of this sort from Amazon.com, please visit the opt-out link here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive