Search This Blog

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Amazon Blogs: Armchair Commentary Daily Digest

Check out these Updates from Armchair Commentary for April 14, 2010.

April 14, 2010
Ugly Betty airs its series finale tonight, and I'm sad to see it go. I've watched it since season one, and while it waned at the end of season 3, I will nonetheless miss the orange offices of Mode, the outrageous dun-dun-DUHHHHHHHHN plotlines, anything with Marc and Wilhelmina (or Marc and Amanda), Ignacio's cooking, and the nice friendship/work relationship between Daniel and Betty. Moreover, I appreciated a heroine whose eventual makeover didn't change her essence (the glasses remained, albeit with more flattering frames).

So in tribute, I will jot down some of my favorite quotes from the series (Yes, Vanessa Williams gets all the best lines):

"Did you just gesture at me when you said Kwanzaa?" -- Wilhelmina (Williams)

“Why did you replace our nice bottled water with glasses we now have to
fill ourselves? Why don’t you just hang a hamster bottle in the corner
and we can all take chances sipping off it?” --Claire (Judith Light)

“Ohh, the sound of clinking ice cubes. It’s like a Scottish lullaby.” —Christina (Ashley Jensen)

"You will be my seeing-eye gay." -- Wilhelmina to Marc (Michael Urie)

“Oh Betty, it is not shoplifting if you can afford the item but simply do not have the funds on you.” --Claire

"Babies are the hot new accessories in the gay world. Little dogs are so five minutes ago." -- Amanda

"You are evil. I'm so going as you for Halloween." -- Marc

Fabia (Gina Gershon): "You must come to the ceremony. I won't be able to get married without my something old."
Wilhelmina: "Oh, with the veins in your legs, you already have your something blue."
 

We hope you enjoyed receiving this message. However, if you'd rather not receive future e-mails of this sort from Amazon.com, please visit the opt-out link here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive